The Early Head Start program is a unique federally funded program, serving infants and children to three years of age. The Early Head Start program also provides services to expectant mothers through prenatal support services, as well as to their newborns. This program offers full-day, year-round quality care and education to low-income families.
Special Services Offered
- Education provided by qualified, knowledgeable Early Childhood Education teachers.
- Center-based/Home-based early education
- Nutrition and health screenings implemented by board certified health care professionals.
- Prenatal Care to expectant women
- Family support services provided by experienced, educated Family Services professionals.
- Referrals made to those requesting Job Training Services.
- In-home visits
- Parent socialization and involvement (Fall Carnival, skating, bowling, etc.)
- Full-day, year-round operation
- Field trips (transportation provided)
- VIP Shop (Very Important Parent)
- School Readiness Fair
- Meals and snacks provided in a family style meal settings
HRDC Seymour Street Head Start Center
Monday - Friday, 7:30 am - 4:30 pm