HRDC Pre-K is a federally funded program that implements education, health and parent involvement into a secure, productive environment.
Services are provided to qualifying low-income families within Allegany County. This program is specifically for those children who have reached age 4 by September 1. Families receive comprehensive Pre-K opportunities including components focusing on health, nutrition, education, disability services, parent involvement, medical and social services. The emphasis is on the total family – not just the children.
HRDC Pre-K of Allegany County is devoted to making a difference in our community by offering comprehensive child and family development services. Our mission is to create a nurturing environment for children, educational experiences that promote school readiness and a strong foundation that allows both the children and their families the opportunity to recognize his/her potential.
Special Services Offered:
• Education provided by qualified, knowledgeable Early Childhood Education teachers who are licensed in Maryland
• State-approved curriculum
• Nutrition and health screenings implemented by board certified health care professionals.
• Referrals made to those requesting Job Training Services.
• Meals and snacks provided.
Program Highlights Include:
• Family socializations (Fall Carnival, skating, Literacy Night, etc.)
• School Readiness Fair
• Parent Meetings
• Pre-K Graduations